Saturday, December 18, 2010

Summa Cum Laude


Thad GRADUATED college today! Not only did my amazing husband graduate, but he graduated Summa Cum Laude! For those of you who aren't aware, that is the highest honors you can graduate with from BYUH.

I can't believe that we have been here for two years now and he is finally done. The time has gone by way too fast. He has worked harder then anyone I have ever seen to get this degree. Not only did he get his degree but he did his very best and gave his all to get the best grades he possibly could. His example has been such a huge blessing to our family. I look up to my husband for always doing the best in all he does. I'm the type of girl where I like to get things done, just to mark them off my checklist and be done with it. Thad, is the exact opposite of me. He does his very best and is very thorough. We really do balance each other out. I love you and I'm SO proud of you hun!

For those of you wondering we will not be moving home for a while longer. My boss got my job extended for up to one year here. So we'll see what happens once Thad starts studying for his GRE for Grad school, what jobs he finds and what the Lord puts in our path. Everyone keeps asking us when we are coming back to Utah and the best I can say is between June and Dec of next year. I know that Heavenly Father will direct us to where we are suppose to be.
The Holladay's! Wa hoo Tara and Thad!!!
One of Thad's friend gave Ave her own lei, but it was too small for her neck as you can see.
Thad with his old boss Michael Johansen. His baby is 2 1/2 months old and she has the cutest, chubby checks I've ever seen!
Good ole' Dr. Ford. Gotta love this guy. He has impacted our whole family so much. I'm really grateful for him.
Shaking Elder Tom Perry's hand.
Go Thad!
The happy grad with the happy babe.
Dolly and Devin Northrup. I love this couple so much. They have really impacted our lives, especially Dolly for me. They are moving to Utah so hopefully its not goodbye for too long!

5 comments:

Trina said...

Such a special day! I'm so proud of you Thad and couldn't be more pleased with the way life has turned out for you. Thanks Summer and Avee for the love and support you've given Thad so he could accomplish this great thing. We love you and miss you all so much! Wis we were there!

Erin said...

Congrats Thad!! That' is AWESOME!!

ps. say NO to utah and YES to Hawaii!!

mel and michael said...

Yay! Congratulations to Thad!!

momap said...

WE are so so proud of you THAD and love you all so much. We know you will be where you are supposed to at the right time. Yes we miss you all but are gratefu for your goodness and doing what is right. LOVE YOU

theniufamily said...

YAY! Congratulations Thad! Enjoy having no homework now!!!