Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Happy Halloween


As you can see Hawaii has been really difficult for us. Thad has gained SO much weight because he sits around all day doing homework, Ave is into everything and is constantly making a mess of herself and I'm lucky if I can pull myself together.
Happy Halloween! This week for FHE I just happened to pull out the Halloween activity! It said to make some homemade costumes and take pics of yourselves. Thad is a lazy couch potato and I'm a worn out mom, Ave is just a mess with chocolate all over her. It was a fun night and the perfect picture for all of you to see since I haven't blogged in so long!
We had spaghetti squash for dinner
And then watched Hocus Pocus and ate pumpkin seeds and drank hot chocolate. I know we live in Hawaii but I am desperate for Fall! So, I've decided to make my own Fall.
No candy in there yet.
Ave is getting so big and smart. She makes us laugh everyday and it's amazing how fast she is learning.


She loves to say "Ohhhh!" all the time
When we say "yay" she claps her hands and just the other day I was watching the tale end of Oprah, a rare treat for me, the audience started clapping and then Ave started clapping. I couldn't believe she knew to clap just from hearing it.
She is obsessed with this turtle on our fridge. One day in a desperate attempt to get her to eat something I pointed to him and said,"Turtle" She was fascinated and right away was saying, "Tootle" It's so cute!
These two play together every chance they get.
I love watching them.

Thad teaching Ave how to kick the ball. She caught right on.
She LOVES books and loves being read to.
She loves to play with her toys and exploring anything around the house she can get into
The cupboards in the kitchen are a new adventure for her.
She knows she is so smart getting into them. Look at that smirk!
More playing with Dad.


Life doesn't get better then this.

5 comments:

Shea said...

I want to be her uncle...
I'm so sorry that I've never even seen her.

I love you guys.

skippylongjacket said...

You have the cutest family ever. Congrats Sum - miss you!

Megs said...

So your spaghetti didn't have noodles? I'm confused. Can I try some the next time you make it?

Camille said...

Wow....you must be a great cook. Better slow down on the sweets, there Thad. LOL Cute pics!

Trina said...

Thanks for sharing these cute pictures of your family. It's as if we're there, almost. Ave is such a cutie and her daddy loves her so much, you can tell. I'm so glad you have her.