Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The GREATEST shower on earth

I have the BEST husband, hands down! He helped put this baby shower together, not only once, but TWICE! After working on it for about 4 hours Friday night, we woke up to disaster! It had all fallen down. I am so blessed to have such a awesome guy.
One of our very loved friends, Jackeline, is moving to China this week. She is expecting baby #2, and we weren't sure if she ever was given a baby shower. It hit me while I was laying in bed one morning, 5am to be exact, that I needed to do something for her. Later that day I talked with Lauren, and she was on board. We were on a mission!
Surprise!
After some research, Lauren and I decided to go with a circus theme. It was perfect! We had so much fun going to town together and picking everything out.
Popcorn, chocolate fountain, red vines, animal crackers, whoppers, cracker jacks, fruit striped gum... I think we got it all!
Ahh Jackeline, we are really going to miss you!
Ave playing with her clown nose.
Sylvia, lil' Jackeline and Dolly. Dolly is SO AWESOME! We called her and Devin, her hubby, Saturday morning and they were right over to help us with decorating and cleaning! Trevor, Lauren's hubby came too, but I didn't get a pic of him! Thanks Preisthood holders! You are the best!
Dad and Ave enjoying some snacks
Lauren and I really loved this! I think we should do it again! After some time passes right Lauren?
Do you feel like we are in a giant tent?
Summer, Ave, Katie, Jackeline, Lauren, Syliva and Jaime. These girls are so great! Especially Lauren, thanks so much for being inspired and willing to serve others!

6 comments:

The Coy's said...

So cute I love that idea, It looks like a lot of work, wow!!

theniufamily said...

I was so excited to see your comment. Oh my gosh this is such a cute idea for a shower. I love how it looks like you are in a tent. I also love your FHE jar. You are so crafty.
Yes we are planning on coming for Thanksgiving but I will feel better when the tickets are bought so I know for sure. I got my time off and Maikeli should be able to ask for his time off in a few weeks. I'll keep you posted!

Trina said...

You're so nice to do that cute shower for your friend. Looks darling and so creative! Avee's so cute!

The Sandbergs said...

So darling Sum! You guys did a great job! I'm so sad that I missed it. It seriously looks so good. I bet it was so fun!

Jade said...

What a cute idea! I just threw a shower too and wow they are a lot of work huh?

I love Ave!

Roslyn said...

cute idea! cant wait for you to come HOME!! Missing you today