Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Seriously so blessed

After having Avee I thought I would be returning to my previous job working as a office manager for a local electrician on the North Shore but going back to work was so hard with Avee and the company wasn't doing so well and couldn't afford to have me back, even though my boss REALLY wanted me to come back anyways. I have been cleaning the local theater 2 to 3 times a week but it has been a challenge with finding a babysitter or putting Ave in a backpack on my back. I have enough back problems as it is! Thad and I have always felt so strongly about having me stay home to raise our kids. It's what the Lord has commanded and we know that if we will follow his commandments we would be seriously so blessed.

The end of the semester is coming up and we are completely out of savings. We have been so concerned how we were going to make ends meet. Then my cute neighbor, Dallyn, came up to me in church one day and said that the bishop had called her about the Hale position (dorm parents) He asked if she knew of anyone that would be interested in applying. She immediately felt the spirit prompting her about us. After telling us her prompting, Thad and I felt strongly that we needed to apply. Later, Thad told me that he felt inspired to apply last year but we couldn't because we weren't full time students at that time. So we applied for the job, had the interview in front of 4 people, and prayed for the Lords will to be done. We felt really good about things.

This morning I got a phone call congratulating us and asking if we would accept the position. Of course we said yes! It has been bittersweet because our good friends Courtney and Garrett also applied for the position and they didn't get it. We are so sad to be moving away from them. They are so great. They have watched Avee for us while I clean the theater quite a bit and we appreciate them so much! They love Avee as if she were there own niece. What a blessing they have been in our lives.

The Lord truly knows our needs in life, not just our wants. I know that we wouldn't be able to continue our education and our journey here in Hawaii without this job and we feel seriously so blessed that we have been given this awesome opportunity to serve 119 girls that will be living in our Hale. We can't wait to start! Did I mention it comes with a upgraded 3 bedroom apartment instead of our current 1 bedroom?

10 comments:

The Coy's said...

wow Summer and Thad that is so amazing!! When do you start/move?

Jade said...

Well the bad news is you can't come home! I guess we will just have to come there and visit you 3 bedroom apartment! Have you seen the seriouslysoblessed.blogspot.com. This post kind of reminded me of it. Cute!

Trina said...

Oh so exciting! Do you know what an inspiration your life is to me? The Lord really is taking care of you guys isn't He? And it's obvious to everyone that knows you. You really are seriously so blessed. Congratulations!!!! We'll miss having you here this summer though. :( Keep Blogging!

Aaron & Susan said...

How exciting!! You will be such awesome Hale parents! And, if you EVER need someone to watch Ave for you, I would love to help out! Just let me know :)

Carl and Jerevie said...

hi summer! i didn't even know you had ur baby already! she is pretty :) btw, i found your blog through susan's...i just need to say that your post inspired me...congratulations on getting the dorm parents position...Hale 1 is the best to live in, after TVA i must say... :) - jv

mel and michael said...

that's so awesome summer! i'm so happy for you and thad.

kkcc said...

How great for you! I love your testimony. always have. our girls need to meet.

theniufamily said...

I love this post and I am so excited for you guys. I can't wait to see pictures of your new house! It is so true that the Lord has a plan for us. I miss you guys already.

ShaeMarie and Ryan said...

That is so exciting! I am so happy for you guys and what a great little way for the Lord to show you that you guys are doing okay! I love your header picture, you have a beautiful family.

Trina said...

Really missing you! Can't wait until you can blog again. Is Avee walking yet? :) Hope you're having a blast with your parents. Love ya!