Sunday, April 4, 2010

Ave's 1st Easter

Happy Easter everyone! I almost didn't do anything for Easter this year because well, frankly we are poor college students. Then I realized, this is Avalee's first Easter and even though she won't remember it I want to start the family traditions now. So we drove to the dollar store and found these baskets for 99 cents each, the grass for $1.89 for the whole bag with three different colors and then went to Foodland and got some candy. I did it all for under 7 bucks! I'm quite proud of myself I have to say.
Here it is! She is totally sucking her thumb.
I swear she gets sweeter everyday.
Nana sent us these ears and I had to get a picture with Ave wearing them. I love her cute little smile in this pic.

Thanks Nana! We always enjoy getting packages from home. They mean so much to us.

7 comments:

The Sandbergs said...

So funny. We are both online making posts. I just finished and saw that you commented on my last post so I got on your blog to see if you posted and I see that you just finished your new post and now I am commenting on it.

Anyway, I love those pictures. The Easter baskets are great. I'm so glad you found those. I just finished making ours. Ave looks so cute! I love her new Easter dress and that headband is so cute! I also love that you finally got a thumb sucking picture. It's so funny when she does that!

Alright, I'm going to bed now. Conference is in like 6 hours! Ugh. See you tomorrow for decorating eggs and dinner. :)

mom/caryn said...

Atta girl!! Get those traditions up and making memories. We had a few that the kids talk about even now. And many that I let fall away. Guess what I gnash my teeth and wail over? Yup! Letting some of them fall away and be forgotten. Don't do it. Not for lack of time, lack of energy, or lack of funds.

Your baby girl is so dang cute!! Being a mom is the best! But it has to share top ranking with seeing your hubby being a daddy. That's such fun and SO rewarding!!

mom/caryn said...

Atta girl!! Get those traditions up and making memories. We had a few that the kids talk about even now. And many that I let fall away. Guess what I gnash my teeth and wail over? Yup! Letting some of them fall away and be forgotten. Don't do it. Not for lack of time, lack of energy, or lack of funds.

Your baby girl is so dang cute!! Being a mom is the best! But it has to share top ranking with seeing your hubby being a daddy. That's such fun and SO rewarding!!

Roslyn said...

oooh Ave!!! WE love you! I wanna kiss you with those little fuzzy bunny ears on! MISS you all like crazy!!

momap said...

Wow I am glad one of the grammas did something fun for you You are so beautiful Avee. We cant wait to see yo all... Love mom

D and E said...

okay so I just want to know who is going to eat Ave's stash of candy, you or Thad? lol I love that you made those baskets..I bought Evs a shirt and said," were going to try and reduce our candy intake this year". Glad you had a great Easter!

theniufamily said...

I am so glad you did something for Easter since it is Avalee's first one! I think these pictures might be my most favorite of her so far. She is getting so much more personalily! They bunny ears are so cute.