Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Best Valentines Day Ever

We haven't been to the beach since before Christmas! Yes, I know that we live in Hawaii and that's crazy, but it's hard with a new baby. Thad has really been wanting to go but I was so beat after this week of working at the theater, Haircuts for Haiti, watching Ave and trying to keep up on everyday chores that I wanted to stay home and relax. So after going back and forth all morning long of what we would do, Thad won and we stayed home and had the best day! This was by far the best Valentines Day I have ever had, being the with the two people I love the most. Here's a look at our day...

Thad is on his THIRD, yes, THIRD, wedding ring! Our 3 year anniversary is coming up this May and I am beginning to wonder if he thinks he gets a new wedding ring for each year we've been married... He lost his first one in a river while he was hiking and his second snorkeling.
He got me a new phone! It was only $18.88 at Walmart. I know it's Walmart, but I love that store sometimes.
Then we made a nice V-Day dinner. Steak, rice, asparagus and rolls! Yum! Ave was asleep after it was all done cooking so we got a nice quiet dinner.
Homemade cards to each other... I have been craving sugar cookies so bad lately, so I decided to make some. Thad's mom emailed me a recipe and I got to work. Ave was so good and just hung out in her swing while mom was cooking. Notice how she's holding her binki and sucking on her hands.
My dough did not quite turn out. It wasn't sticking together, so I threw it away.
Thad's dough. Seriously! He is such a better cook then me. Apparently, the directions weren't very clear and I guess EVERYBODY, but me, knows that when your making cookies you have to beat the eggs and mix the sugar in with them BEFORE adding them to the dry mix. Opps!
Avee was so good while we were baking.
Helping mom make the frosting. We didn't have red, so we went with a blue green color instead.
Smiles for dad...
Ta da!
Oh! We couldn't forget our daughter for Valentines Day! She got a bumbo!
I found it on craigslist for only $20 bucks!
As you can see, Avalee really enjoys her bumbo. All smiles!

8 comments:

Trina said...

Happy Valentine's Day! I love Avee in her bumbo, sooo cute. She has such a great smile, she looks so happy too! What a cute family!

The Coy's said...

Fun!! You guys are so cute! Sitting in the bumbo makes her feel like a big girl doesn't it. Mason is always so proud of himself when he gets to sit by himself!!

theniufamily said...

OK this is seriously the best post! I love all the V Day stuff and your cookies looked great! But I think my favorit thing of all is Avalee's bumbo! She looks so happy in it!

momap said...

I love you Avee Mae you are soooo so cute and smiling.... And how bad is it when your husband is a better cook, baker, and artist than you.... LOL its so true! Well good thing you are such a great mother, wife, daughter, and hairstylist!!! and Beautiful TOO...

shea said...

Avee is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Camille said...

Oh so cute! I really need to be better at posting on my blog. I love reading your posts. It makes me feel like I can still be a part of your lives even though you live so far away. You guys are such a darling family. I love it! Happy late V day!

felix de la cruz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
felix de la cruz said...

q esta bien amai tu esposa jaja y cuidas atu hija sale adios