Friday, September 18, 2009

Blessed

Last Sunday Thad and I were asked to speak in sacrament. Our topic was, the key to prayer. As I was preparing for my talk I couldn't help but think of my past and where I am now. Prayer is the reason I am where I am today. I talked about a "young women" who was struggling with who she was and wasn't sure where she was going with her life. She was lost, unhappy and had a broken spirit. As I think about my past I am so grateful for the Lord and his hand in my life. He has blessed me more then I deserve. As I recall some of my painful memories and then look at my sweet husband I feel a swelling in my heart that I can't fully explain. I know that he has a unconditional Christ like love for me with no limits and no judgments. He is kind, gentle and loving. It makes my eyes fill with tears just thinking about how blessed I am to have him. I know that I wouldn't be where I am today if it weren't for prayer. The Lord really is there for us and wants to bless us. He is waiting for us to communicate with him. Tell him the desires of our hearts and open our souls to him. I love my husband with all of my heart. I love the Lord and am so thankful he hears and answers our prayers. I love the gospel. I know that it is true. I can't wait to start our family and continue on this great adventure.

7 comments:

Karen Wade Photography said...

:0).

Shan and Mike said...

This is so beautiful, how truly blessed we are to have the gospel in our lives.

Jade said...

Oh you made my heart swell and my eyes water too. Thanks for sharing. I just love you!

theniufamily said...

You are so right. I loved this post and I loved your talk on Sunday! Not only was the talk great, but you looked so casual and comfortable up there. You didn't look nervous at all!

Roslyn said...

I miss you! I love that you blog about such awesome things :)

Gage said...

I was just randomly looking at blogs from Candice's blog. I ran into yours. Congrats on the pregnancy. I HATE being pregnant. Anyways, I guess I can blog stalk you now...so fun! :):)

Trina said...

Summer, you are such an amazing young woman. Thank you for sharing your beautiful testimony with us. You are blessed to have Thad and to be starting your little family, but they are also blessed to have you as a wife and mother. We are so happy you're in our family, and so grateful for the wonderful wife you are to Thad. Thank you for being you, we love you! Trina