Sunday, May 3, 2009

Flying Termites EvErYwHeRe!!!



So for all of those of you who think that living in Hawaii is perfect without it's downfalls I thought I would share with you one of the experiences we have had here with bugs. Last night after Thad and I got home from our Ward Break the Fast we walked into a house with flying termites swarming everywhere! They were all over IN our bed, on our clothes, in our drawers, there wasn't a place where there weren't a dozen termites. We could sit and watch a line of them streaming in through our bathroom window. It was so disgusting! After about 30 minutes of trying to deal with this situation and having termites crawling all over us our landlord had had enough, so we shook off our pillows, jumped in our cars and had a sleepover at one of the vacation rentals that was luckily empty. It didn't have one bug in sight! I was so happy to get out of that gross, infested house! I had to take a shower at the vacation rental because I could still feel them crawling all over me. Yuck! Tonight for FHE we will be doing laundry and vacuuming up their wings and dead corpses. As for the ones that are still alive, they are hiding out in the walls. Just waiting to attack! We are going to have to tent the house and have a exterminator come out to bomb.

4 comments:

Jade said...

Good thing you're moving huh? YUCK!

GTN said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chandi said...

GROSS!!!!!! Are you still going to have a beach view at the new place? Sounds like all is well with That and Summer. Good to hear. Are you going to try doing hair over there at all?

mom/caryn said...

Urp!! Gag!!! It's a phobia... I can't stand any kind of bug flying at me. Well, with the possible exception of a butterfly. It gives me the willy's.

I'm thinking after an experience like that a shower wouldn't have done it for me.... I'd have to hit the power scrub cycle at the local car wash.