Friday, February 20, 2009



I think this is the first time I’ve really written in our blog. Isn’t summer so awesome to keep such a good record of this part of our lives? I can’t believe how blessed I am to have such a wonderful woman as my wife. We are all so blessed to have her in our lives. She has such an ability to make us happy and cheer us up. She makes such an effort to make sure you all are involved. It’s so awesome that we have technology that can keep us all so close together when we are so far apart. It’s so funny how many people see our blog and joke about how much they envy our lives. Fortunately, pictures in our blog don’t express the tough times. Sometimes Summer and I ask ourselves, “How is it possible that while living in paradise, we can still ache so much in our hearts?” Eating breakfast with the sun as it rises over the ocean and paints the clouds, the sky and the water colors no words or pictures can fully describe, is probably my favorite part about Hawaii. I would give that up to not have to watch my tender loving sweetheart try so hard to fight the tears memories bring her every time she looks at pictures of her baby or family we had to leave behind. Is Hawaii worth sacrificing almost everything we care about? If it were, wouldn’t we all sell anything we owned and leave everything we know to move out here? Life for us here really is beautiful and wonderful but not because we live in Hawaii. I mean sure Hawaii helps but life is beautiful because we love each other and God loves us and we love him. He loves us so much that he gave us lemons and with those lemons, the choices to either pucker, or to make lemonade. Sometimes puckering seems to be our only option when we can’t seem to find the sugar or water. Luckily, if we ask, God gives us the sugar and water too. We still have to mix it all together though. Other than Shea, Sarah and each other, everything Summer and I deeply care about is thousands of miles away. We are able to make it through this trial in our lives because God is with us and even more important, we are with God. We defiantly wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for him. We love and miss you all so much. Thank you for all of your support and everything you do for us. Thanks for blogging and making us feel closer to you.
-Thad

6 comments:

Trina said...

You are certainly missed here, we love you so much. I am so grateful that you have each other and that you love each other so much. Being on your own, away from family, makes you lean more on one another and the bonds you create now, will hold you together forever. You are always in our thoughts and prayers.

Roslyn said...

We love and miss you guys! These hard times will really being you closer together. Nate and I only moved away for a couple of months, and it was awful! We missed our families so much, but it really strengthed our relationship!

Chandi said...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts Thad. You are both such fantastic people. You are good examples to us all.

mom/caryn said...

Your mother is a wise woman, Thad. Her words are full of truth. You will form bonds with one another now that will hold you together through bumps that may lie in the road ahead. You are so blessed to have this time to build a foundation of memories as a young couple and to share in the lives of your siblings the way you are. It'll make some great stories around the campfire in years to come.

Your beautiful soul and your beautiful wife will keep you forever the valient spirit that you are. How is it possible that you are such an adventurer... you have such a gift for living and squeezing fun into every activity and wringing the last drop of excitement, discovery and laughter out of every moment. Your soul has wisdom beyond your years... your spirirt is forged of materials not of this earth, Thad. You truly have carried heaven with you since birth... your link to eternity and things of the spirit has remained in tact, and it's a joy to see and to be around. Your Auntie Caryn loves you more than you can imagine. I am so proud of the life you are building...and so grateful for the example you are to my family. My boys absolutely love being with you. And I love having them with you!

Jeffrey Stott said...

I wish I could express myself evently remotely as well as Aunt Caryn. Anyways, your post rings true to me. Hawaii is paradise without the family and close friends. Shows how important it is that we all make it back home, without settling.

Camille said...

Oh my goodness, Thad! That made me cry. I am ashamed to admit, I had to make myself stop reading your blog, because I was letting myself get so jealous of your lives. Now, I just feel really lame. I guess I have to realize that everyone has tough times no matter how perfect their life seems from the outside. I only live three hours from most my family and friends and I definitely feel the distance. I am so sorry that you guys live so far from everyone. I really miss both of you so much! I am glad you have each other and that you are staying close to the Lord. The two of you are an inspiration for me. Thanks so much! Love you!