Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Happy Valley

I went to see Happy Valley last night with my mom, Kirby and Thad. For those of you who aren't familiar with this movie it is something definitely worth going to see. It's a small film that came out of Sundance Film Festival about drug use in Utah. And not just illegal drug use, prescription drug use. There are more deaths today from prescription drug use than illegal! Kids in schools justify it by saying that it's not disobeying the Word of Wisdom. It's just a pill. It's a very REAL and SCAREY eye opener. The statistics they show in this film will literally make you gasp out loud. There are so many people in need of help but won't ask for it because they are afraid of what people will think. The film starts out with two young girls. Best friends, from Bonneville High School. They start experimenting with drug use. They have a party and one of them overdoses and is found on the kitchen floor. No one thinks anything of it. They go to sleep. When they wake up, their friend is black and blue in the face, and DEAD. They take her body up to the B in Bountiful and bury her. They don't tell anyone. A few days later the police find her and they confess. If you get a chance GO SEE THIS MOVIE!! Thad and I were talking on the way home last night and I was telling him how scared I am to bring children into this world. It seems now days that almost every odd is against them. Satan is working so hard on ALL of us! His response to that was, the people left to come down to earth have to come down sooner or later. So wouldn't it be better they come to a good and loving home, rather than a broken home, a teenage pregnancy, or addicted to drugs? It's all the more reason for us to have kids. Wow. I have never thought of it that way. My husband is so amazing! I just was very moved and touched by this movie and wanted to share it all with you. I think we all need to be more loving and patient with the ones around us. We all have problems and need our family and loved ones to support us!

2 comments:

mom/caryn said...

THAT MOVIE SOUNDS DOWNRIGHT DEPRESSING AND SCARY AND LIKE IT WOULD KEEP YOU THINKING ABOUT IT FOR DAYS AFTER YOU SAW IT. JUST THE KIND OF FILM I GENERALLY LIKE. I'D NEVER HEARD OF IT UNTIL YOUR BLOG. IF ONLY I COULD GET WAYNE OUT TO A MOVIE... MAYBE I CAN FIND A PAL TO CHECK IT OUT WITH.

THAD'S COMMENT WAS SO INSIGHTFUL. HOW LIKE HIM. HE HAS WISDOM WAY BEYOND HIS YEARS.

Chandi said...

Thanks to Thad for putting it that way for all of us. It is scary to raise kids, and to think about all the scary things they are going to have to face.

I have heard of the movie and know it is a very real problem.